1. Do you decorate for the 4th of July? – It sounds sad, but no.
2. Do you you buy fireworks for the 4th of July? – nope. They are illegal here. I guess you could get them on the Indian reservation, but the cops are sitting around the corner waiting for you to leave.
3. How do you celebrate the 4th of July? – Lately (past 3 years) my inlaws have come in town to visit that weekend. When I was a kid we would go to my grandparents in Hayward, WI though… those were the best!
4. Do you have a family member that is serving our country? – Yep, my wonderful, amazing husband. And TODAY is our anniversary!
5. Do you dress in red, white, or blue on the fourth? – I try, but since we are military, I always hate to overdo the red white and blue. There is a point where it gets too cheesy. I am proud to me an American, but I would rather not look like a walking flag.
Alright, now ready for my weekend update… well, we headed to Leavenworth, WA for our anniversary. We had been there a few times before, but only went for day trips. This time, we spent the night, and brought the dog!
We went on a wine tour, and met some super fun people. here is a picture of all the girls.
(That’s me in the green). There were 10 of us total, and never got a group picture. But we visited 3 wineries, and tasted about 20 different wines. We sure did have a good time. After the wine tour we went out to dinner at Andreas Kelller, a German restaurant (why not in a German town).
We drank some delicious German beer, before we met up with some of the new friends we made on the wine tour for some more beer and some good music.
Needless to say we had a great time! Today is our actual anniversary so we are just hanging out. I am going to make Buffalo chicken tacos for dinner, and I am leaving bright and early tomorrow morning to go geocaching (My friend and I are going down to Portland to visit the original cache, and then to geocaching headquarters in Seattle). Super excited!
This week will not be filled with crafts, since I will be out of town. If I have time later today (after I clean my house, since the in-laws will be here on Friday), I will post something. Next week I will be finishing my sign that I started a while ago. I can not wait to show you how it is turning out!
Have a great day!