Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Glitter Pom

Happy Tuesday!

Today I have a fun project that I have been wanting to make for a very long time, and I LOVE how it turned out. I made a flower punch pom.

pom 1

Here is my product list:

Art Glitter Designer Dries Clear Adhesive, Art Glitter in #364 Dreams Ultrafine Transparent, #85 Shiney Si Ultrafine Opaque, and #175 Retro Red Ultrafine Pearlescent, 6x6 Authentique Paper Pad Collection in Fresh, 3” Styrofoam ball, flower punch (mine was from EK Success), ball tipped pins, and a wooden dowel.

IMG_0679

First I punched out several flowers. I stacked two on top of each other and glued them together.

After all those were made, I glittered the pins. I used the Designer Dries Clear Adhesive, and thinned it out with a little water. I dipped the ball of the pin into the glue. then dunked it into the glitter.

IMG_0548IMG_0533

IMG_0519

After they dried I pushed the pin through a flower

pom 2

and pushed it into the Styrofoam. I also put the dowel into the ball before I started.

pom3

I continued to do this until the entire ball was covered.

pom4

I glittered the dowel using the adhesive and the Shiney Si Ultrafine Opaque glitter!

And complete. What a beautiful decoration!

pom 5

You could stick it in a flower pot, a vase, a tin can, whatever your heart desires! I hope you enjoyed my project today. To see another fun glittery project stop on over to the Art Glitter Blog!

Also, Art Glitter has some great specials this month!

CELEBRATE USA • FREE SHIPPING IN JULY! We are celebrating our great country's birthday all July with FREE SHIPPING on any standard retail shipping order of $50 or more*
ULTRAFINE 1 OZ JARS STILL ONLY $5.98
BY POPULAR DEMAND THROUGH JULY 31 • Reg. $7.32
*Get Coupon here... • Wholesalers Details here...

I am also entering this into the challenge over on the Authentique Blog!

Happy Glittering!!

peace.love.dove.

2 comments:

KC Eddy said...

Very Cool project!! Love the color combo and of course the Glitter!!

Christa said...

Colours are beautiful and the idea unique. Well executed too!