Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Such a busy week!

I have been super busy over the past few days. I have been shopping for Christmas, hanging up Christmas Cards, and trying to get everything in order for this weekend. I don't even feel like I have been home much! On Saturday we took Lucie (our dog) to get her photo with Santa! It was her first time meeting him, and she was hardly nervous. I think she was more nervous for the fact she thought she might be getting her nails clipped. I have been enjoying this past week with my wonderful husband. We will be celebrating our first Christmas without family. Just the two of us and the friends that we have that live near by. I am excited for our venture. Usually we go back to Minnesota or Missouri, but this year, we will be headed there after Christmas. So, I am going to start off my family traditions on Christmas Eve, with the Anderson family tradition of having a white Christmas. Nope, no snow out here in Washington right now, but I hear there is plenty in Minnesota that I will get to see for the New Year, but it is our Swedish family meal.


What's on the menu?
- Swedish Sausage
- Mashed Potatoes
- Swedish Meatballs
- Green Bean Casserole
- Oyster Stew (gross-but I am going to make it anyways)
- Lefse! (Thank you Mrs. Olson for selling your product in Washington)

Hopefully I can catch you guys up on what I have been making. On my list to do is finish a scrapbook for my cousin (oh I hope she doesn't read this) and finish up a gift for my mom. But good thing I have till the 30th to get everything together. Then some quality time with the hubby. I can't wait!

A good friend from High School is getting married New Years Eve, which is great, cause we have plans. I get to see people from back home, and do one of my favorite things ever --- dance the night away with one of my besties... Emily!

I hope you all have a blessed holiday season. As soon as I can get somethings together I will post. I just don't want anyone to think I gave up :)

peace. love. dove.

No comments: