Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Campin’ Critters Project

I emailed my mom today. I left Minnesota yesterday and I am now back in Washington. I was so excited to show my mom how to use her Cricut (I ended up giving her my Expression since I now have an E2). She is super excited to start a blog of her own as well, so she will have to wait until I come back in December to get that together. (Movers come next week to put our stuff in storage!)

Today is a big day for her and I don’t think she quite understands it yet. I emailed her about a challenge she could participate in this afternoon and she got super excited to put her skills to the test as soon as she got home from work!

Curt Jensen, an Illustrator of Provo Craft, has a challenge on his blog! My mom was so excited, except she didn’t have a blog put together yet. So I offered to showcase her craftiness on my blog until I came to help her set one up.

Here is what she (my mom, her name is Laurie) created using the Campin’ Critters Cartridge!

009

She made a beautiful nature journal to use up at our cabin in Northern Minnesota. She loves journaling about the birds, trees, and whatever else she can see up there… snow sometimes too. In the email she sent me, she said that she enjoyed the layering features. I think she did a wonderful job! Especially for having her Cricut for only a WEEK!

There is still time to enter the challenge. Be sure to stop by Curt’s blog, TypecastCreative, become a follower, and check it out!

I would have participated in the challenge myself, but its official. ALL of my craft supplies are in Minnesota, and I will not see them until December 1st!

peace.love.dove.

4 comments:

Pat N. said...

Your mom really did a good job for only using her Expression for one week! Wow. And that's a really nice idea to hold memories.--Pat N.

Annabelle said...

Tell Laurie awesome job! This really looks like something she would create. Can't wait to see her blog up and running. (Great job teaching your mom how to use your cricut).

Curt Jensen said...

Thanks for posting this entry for your mom, and thanks for getting her hooked on the Cricut, too! Her project is great! I am really impressed that she was able to fit so many different cuts on the front of this journal! I can't wait to share this on my blog.

Chloe and Her Clip On Koalas said...

Tell Laurie great job! Love the amount of cuts she put on it. The peekaboo tree animal cuts are so cute. x