Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Art Glitter & Dreamweaver Cross Promotion and CHALLENGE!!

Welcome to the Art Glitter/Dreamweaver Stencil Cross promotion month. We have paired up with this wonderful company to show you how our glitter can be used with these beautiful and detailed stencils. All of our designers will be using the Double Glitter Technique! Make sure and check out Dreamweaver Designers every Thursday!


You can find all their designers  at http://dreamweaverstencils.blogspot.com/
Make sure and play along all month with this fun challenge. Make sure and LINK to the Dreamweaver site to be eligible for 1 of 4 prize packages featuring stencils and glitter! You may even get your creation featured on Art Glitter's Blog!


Hope everyone will play along with this fun challenge. If you don't know how to do the Double Glitter Technique please head over to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Foyo09lKpw4 to see Lynell Harlow demonstrate.


Also for the month of June Art Glitter is selling all 1 oz jars of glitter for $5.98 regular price $7.32! Hope even if you don't play along with the challenge you will take advantage of the great price of glitter in June! http://artglitter.com/ I have already bought a few more glitters, since I am in LOVE with their products. A little bit goes a long way, and like I feel like I have said a million times, their colors are AMAZING!!

So without further ado, here is a card I made using the double glitter technique.

IMG_0385

I started by using the LG 723 Hawaiian Islands Stencil from Dreamweaver Stencils.

IMG_0396

The second I saw this stencil I KNEW that I needed it since I am moving to the islands at the end of summer! I know that this will get MULTIPLE uses from me for that reason alone. I can picture making several “Wish You Were Here!” cards! Plus I have a slight obsession with states.

Here is a list of the other products I used.

Art Glitter; Ultrafine Transparent #364 Dreams, Ultrafine Opaque #348 Marmalade, and Ultrafine Opaque Hologram #129 Nova.

Sticky Tape sheets

100% Natural Soap

So onto the project. I first mounted the sticky paper onto a sheet of cardstock for extra support. I soaped the back of the stencil and placed it on the peeled off sticky paper. I first pour the Marmalade onto the islands and compass, rubbed it in, and shook it off. Then I sprinkled Nova onto the words “Hawaiian Islands.” Doing the same thing, rubbed it in, then shook it off.

Then I flipped over my work so the stencil side was down on the table. I then peeled back the paper off the stencil.

I then poured Dreams all over the sticky paper.

IMG_4344

Rubbed it in, and shook it off. and tada!

IMG_0368

IMG_0371

IMG_0381

So beautiful. Now head on over the the Art Glitter Blog to see another project I made using the Double Glitter Technique. And don’t forget about the sale going on at Art Glitter for the month of June! 1 oz jars of glitter for $5.98 regular price $7.32!

There is so much fun going on at the Art Glitter and Dreamweaver Blogs this month so be sure to be a follower so you can see all of the awesome projects from their design teams!

Happy Glittering!

peace.love.dove.

3 comments:

Migdalia said...

WoW!!Fabulous Card!!!

sommrstamping said...

Cherie both of your cards are fabulous. I really love the trees with the hologram glitter. It so much fun playing with your design team, I love these collaborations.

Carol La Valley said...

Hi Cherie: I Adored the cards you did at Art Glitter. I'm the social medial gal at ICE Resin. I want to invite you to a blog hop. Email me for details, Carol@iceresin.com