Saturday, June 22, 2013

A Day of Quilting

I had guests for a couple weeks, and I had been super busy. Yesterday I was able to pull out my sewing machine to work on a few baby blankets or baby quilts for the many pregnant woman I know.

Here is the top of the one I am going to give to my cousin. I am still figuring out if I want to add a border, trim it, or what.

IMG_3388IMG_3396

I totally screwed up on this and wish I had ironed after each triangle, so the back side is a little crazy. I learned my lesson.

Next is a quilt that I had been wanting to do for a long time. I had purchased 6 mini charms from Simply Color by Moda, and I wanted to do a simple colorful baby quilt with it.

IMG_3391IMG_3392IMG_3395IMG_3400

I will be adding a border to this one. I am thinking gray. I do have more squares and could do a square border around it, but I am all out of the pinks. But I have some of the fabrics to do a double border. We will see what I end up with, I could always do white too. Any suggestions?

This one is not perfect at all. I was working on trying to match up the squares. I am not the best, but I got better with practice. If I love this so much I might keep it as a wall hanging. Do you see Lucie hanging out under the table? She has to be near me all the time.

Next week I am hoping to get my L Letterpress out and work on some cards! I have been neglecting it while I got the house together, but I have some new templates I want to play with. I would also love to get my Christmas Cards done early!

peace.love.dove.

No comments: