Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Art Glitter Layout–Jack & Owen

I am so excited to be part of the Art Glitter Design Team! I can’t wait to share with all of you the exciting things I will making this year. I do have to say that I have been in love with glitter for such a long time, and I am so honored to be part of a team with such talented people!

Today I am going to share with you a layout that I made using Art Glitter.

IMG_0136

Jack and Owen seem to always find their way into my scrapbooking life. These two adorable guys are my nephews. Jack is almost two and a half, and Owen is nine months. Most people would not associate glitter with little boys, but I think this is a perfect mix.

For this layout I used the following products:

Glitter (Art Glitter, Ultrafine Transparent in #364 Dreams), Cricut Cartridge (Opposites Attract), Piggy Tales Paper Co. & Design (Simple Simon & Tortoise and the Hare Collections), Precision Application Writing Tool, Designer Dries Clear Adhesive, and a photo of some super adorable children!

To create the glittered letters I cut the letters out on my Cricut Expression 2 using the Opposites Attract Cartridge with scrapbook paper. I then painted on each letter separately the Designer Dries Clear Adhesive and sprinkled on the glitter, I repeated this step for all the letters then tapped off the excess glitter.

picturesofall 355

I adhered each of the letters then onto the page.

IMG_0148

I also used the precision writing tip to make borders around some of the squares of paper, and to glitter up one of the trucks!

IMG_0161

This transparent light blue color (#364 Dreams) has a sweet masculine tone to it. When adding it on top of other papers it shows some of the color of the paper below it, and blends in with its surroundings. This color was a perfect addition for the boys, and adds pizazz without over doing it. I like to keep my layouts simple. Nothing super fancy, just some glitter and clean lines.

I hope you enjoyed my layout today! Be sure to stop by the Art Glitter Blog to see more great ideas on how to use glitter in all sorts of different projects! The possibilities are truly endless! Also, check out their large selection of glitters on their website! There are so many to choose from, and they are all amazing!

Hope you have a glitterful day!

peace.love.dove.

2 comments:

Kristi Parker Van Doren said...

Ilove this!!!

linda said...

Adorable little boys. I bet they love to look at this page with all that glitter!