Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Revamping my Sunnies

I know it is cold in most places in the country, but as usual it is gorgeous out here in Hawaii. When my cousin messaged me that is was in the NEGATIVES in Minnesota, I couldn’t help but brag a little about the sunshine here…

photo(2)

I promise this has to do with my glitter project today. And it does. I have a pair of sunglasses… and well, I wear them everyday. They are cheap, and the color is pealing off of them. It is slightly embarrassing, but they are so much more comfortable than my really nice pair, and I have no worries of losing them. But they are UGLY!

So, I took matters into my own hands. Glitter style.

sunglasses2

Products Used:

Art Glitter                                                                                               #531 Beyond Time Microfine Opaque Glitter                                         Designer Dries Clear Adhesive

An old pair of sunglasses (or new!)

Wow, that is really all I used. So here is what I started with.

sunglasses4

Check out these totally peeling glasses! I really needed new ones!

sunglasses3

I took Designer Dries Clear Adhesive and coated one of the sides of the glasses.

sunglasses5

Poured on the Microfine Glitter, shook it off, and let it completely dry.

sunglasses6

Then did the same thing to the other side of the glasses.

sunglasses7

After it all was dry, I put them on, and they looked 10 times better!

sunglasses1

If you want a clear coat over the glitter, you can paint a thin coat of Designer Dries Clear Adhesive over it, but I like the rough look of the straight glitter. I was so excited to use this color. It has a black base to it, with a galactic purple feel to it, maybe that’s why its called Beyond Time!

Well, I hope you enjoyed my sunnies! Be sure to stop by the Art Glitter Blog to see another project I made over there!

Happy Glittering!

peace.love.dove.

4 comments:

Martha said...

Oh i'm jealous of the sun. It is sunny here in California, but it is a bit chilly.
I like your sunglases, everything gets better when you add some glitter.

Katy said...

Pretty sure I'm wishing that sun was here right now! Miss you lady!

Dawnll said...

Here I am in freezing Wisconsin with negative 10 and you have this beautiful picture posted...I love art glitter and love following your blog now sweetie

Art Glitter said...

love them!!!