Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Last Art Glitter Design Team Post!

So today is my last post being on the Art Glitter Design Team. In no means does that mean I will stop using glitter, because it is a part of my life. Today I wanted to share a story on why glitter is so important to me, you will see that after my quick little post.

IMG_2756

Just a quick overview. I used the double glitter technique. I have also used this Dreamweavers stencil before too! To learn how to do this technique, check out THIS post. The only thing I changed was the colors of Art Glitter. Here are some pictures of the process.

IMG_2725IMG_2729IMG_2733IMG_2739IMG_2746

I of course peeled it off of the stencil and added another color glitter over the top to get the final look! I then adhered it to a card!

IMG_2773

Art Glitter Used:

#361 Cat Eyes Ultrafine Opaque, #355 Sunrise Ultrafine Opaque, #525 Brocade Microfine Opaque, #30 Royale Ultrafine Opaque, #282 Night Vision Ultrafine Opaque, #71 White Gold Ultrafine Opaque

Dreamweaver Stencil, LJ 849 Bare trees

Art Glitter Small Sticky Paper

Be sure to stop by the Art Glitter Blog to check out some party lights I made!

Now onto my glitter obsession background story:

Back in college, 2005 to be exact, it was my Senior Year. Winter was about start, and we had all got back from Thanksgiving break. Finals were coming up and we were all excited about where the new year was going to take us.

I was in a sorority, and there was about 60 of us in the house, and we were all super close. One day in particular plays over and over in my head.

One night, one of our sisters passed away in a hit and run car accident. She was walking. I want to spare any details about the situation, but it is a day I will never forget, it was just so very sad.

I had so many great memories with her. I had recently taken her back to Minnesota to catch the train over Thanksgiving break to visit her sister. She was such an amazing woman. She was beautiful and had the kindest heart. She was smart, part of a loving family, and always giving back to the community.

I will never forget walking outside later that day, because it was the first snow of the season. As a sorority girl, we used glitter in everything we could. Something magical was happening though. The snow looked like glitter, and at that second, we all knew that out dear friend was in Heaven, sprinkling glitter down on all of us. It was very moving. To this day every time I see glitter snow, I know she is there looking down on me. And glitter is so near and dear to my heart because of it.

I want to thank everyone at Art Glitter for this amazing opportunity to be on their design team. I will not be returning this year, since we just moved, and we really want to get settled in Hawaii (and enjoy our pool in our back yard). I will not stop using glitter. I will be experimenting with some new hobbies, and I hope you all continue to take this crafting journey with me! I look forward to seeing what the new design team will be sharing with us!

No comments: