Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Double Glitter Trees

In case you missed this post of mine on the Art Glitter Blog!

Today I have a card to share with you all using the Double Glitter Technique and Dreamweaver Stencils.

What you will need:

Dreamweaver Stencil LJ 849 Bare Trees

100% Natural Soap

Glitter, #129 Nova Ultrafine Opaque Hologram and #85 Crystal Ultrafine Transparent

Adhesive paper

Cardstock

Brayer (to push the stencil down)

Brush (for brushing off the excess soap)

clip_image002

To start, I rubbed the back of the stencil with the soap and covered all the details of the stencil. I then brushed out the cracks that collected any of the soap.

clip_image004

I attached the adhesive paper to cardstock and peeled back the adhesive.

clip_image006

Using the brayer I rubbed the stencil onto the adhesive paper.

First, I poured on the The Ultrafine Opaque Hologram Glitter in #129. I rubbed it in with my fingers, tapped off the excess glitter and put it back into the container. Then I flipped the stencil over so it was face down, and carefully peeled the paper off the stencil.

clip_image008

I removed the stencil and then poured Ultafine transparent Glitter in #85 Crystal over the entire piece, shook it off and mounted it onto a card.

clip_image010

clip_image012

I love how this card turned out. It reminds me of the cabin. The snow glitters off the trees in the winter, and the moons glitters off in the trees in the summer. It is truly a beautiful scene.

clip_image014

Here is a close up of the glitter. The hologram glitter in person is amazing, and I hope you all have experienced it. If not, I recommend you try some out. If you are a girly glitter lover, I know that it will not let you down! It sparkles, oh does it sparkle.

Be sure to stop by the Art Glitter Blog for more inspiration!

No comments: