Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I couldn't help it, I just had to share

So, I was wandering around facebook. My other life line, that I have been addicted to since, well, since I was in college, back when facebook was only for college students. I came across a link that someone had posted about the worst paying collge degrees.

I went through the list, saying, "really?!? yeah, yeah, ok I can see. Yada, yada. yada." Then I realized they were counting down. I was very eager to see what number one would be --- and then, as I clicked on number one, of course... it had to be....


MY MAJOR....


Child & Family Studies. wonderful.

I think it cost me more to drive to work, than what I made at half the jobs I worked at. haha. Well, maybe it is cheaper now that I am a stay at home wife :)

If you want to check out the full list, click HERE. It was posted on a local news channel website in Iowa (which is where I went to college).

I found it entertaining so I just had to share it. I wish I knew what I wanted to be when I grow up, but I still don't know. With the lifestyle we lead I find it hard for me to have a career.

Any other military spouses out there with degrees that just don't know what to do with it? I mean we have been married for almost 3 years, and have lived in 2 different states... and in another year, we will move again.

Well, I should get to bed. I have a bunch to do tomorrow, including a couple layouts, and a much needed mani-pedi! Have a wonderful day (or should I say night)!

 Oh, I had to share with you my favorite picture of me. Gotta love the eye patch, I keep it in my car now, you never know when you need to act like a pirate! :)

Peace.Love.Dove.

3 comments:

Mary said...

You are cute! And, no worries, I don't know what I want to be when I grow up either, but right now the wife/mommy gig is working out pretty well for me :)

Unknown said...

Yeah, I always wanted to be a teacher~not exactly a high paying job! When my husband was in the military, it was hard for me to keep a job. I always wanted to work on base but those jobs were hard to come by...of course, I didn't have my degree then! Good luck ;)

Annabelle said...

Weird, Stay-at-home-wife isn't a major? It totally should have been - then you could have majored in what you wanted to do. It could be composed of baking classes and scrapbook sessions. Wouldn't that be wonderful?

You are the cutest pirate ever!