Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year With a New Toy!

Oh I am in love.

As I had hoped, I got my L Letterpress yesterday!!  I had a chance to play with it a little bit yesterday, and a little bit tonight!

Here is my first completed card I made with it.

IMG_0065

I love how it turned out! I am still trying to figure out some things, like the ratio of ink, how to place the without the pieces moving (the adhesive sheets do not like me - I need to get some double sided tape), and how I want to layout each card.

I purchased these four plate sets in addition to what the starter kit came with,

Bubbly Printing Plates

Caligraphy Printing Plates

Damask Printing Plates

Flourish Printing Plates

I love them ALL! I can’t wait to get more, or to see what they release next! I also purchased four different ink colors; royal blue, teal blue, red, and gray. It came with black.

I only have a few pieces of paper left that came with the kit, so I need to purchase some more! Good thing I live close to Archivers! I will have to swing by check out the goodies there!

Here are some close ups of the impressions. I did use this starter kit with my Cuttlebug, and it worked out great! I have had no issues yet!! Some blogs I read said it did not work with the Cuttlebug, I am not sure if it is based on what version you have of the machine, but I have the V2 edition.

IMG_0067IMG_0068

I hope you enjoyed checking out my card! The glitter paper is Recollections from Michael’s. I had to add that before I forgot! I also posted this in the Lifestyle Crafts Community Gallery.

Happy New Year to all!! Here is a picture of my girlfriends that I hung out with for New Years!

IMG_0010

peace.love.dove.

2 comments:

Pat N. said...

I have to admit I'm not sure what a letterpress is, but your card is very pretty! Great job. It looks good!--Pat N.

Lizzie Laine said...

I love your card! I have been wanting to learn more about the letterpress. I have seen it in stores, but wasn't sure what it did.
Thanks for sharing