Tuesday, September 25, 2012

All Good Sports Teams MUST Have Glitter

Yes, it is true. I love glitter, even for sporting events! I have to tell you, I thought if it once when I bought my new Twins hat the the inaugural game at the new Target Field a few years back. I bought this hat, so cute and sparkly and never saw one since.

DSC03900

So a few weeks ago, my husband and I went to Busch Stadium in St. Louis. I am not a Cardinals fan, but I will support my husband, and I do love Baseball, so I dressed to the nines in Cardinals gear and waited until game day to buy my hat. Like I have experienced in the past several years, they do not sell hats with glitter on them. I ended up purchasing a nice hat.

So after the game, I took matters into my own hands. I glittered my new hat. My husband was a little bummed since I forgot to tell him that I chose to glitter his teams hat, so he can’t wear it. Just a note from that, if you plan to glitter a hat, make sure your husband, boyfriend, fiancĂ©, or best male friend will not be sad if they can’t wear it! Whoopsy.

So here is what I started with.

IMG_0493

Simple, cute hate. But then I picked out my glitter, I went with #189 Pearl Ultrafine Pearlescent. I also used Dries Clear Fabric Adhesive.

Using a paintbrush, I brushed the adhesive onto the white lettering in sections. Poured on the glitter, and tapped it off.

IMG_0502

I continued until the entire logo was covered.

IMG_0510

I used a dry brush and removed the glitter from any creases and anywhere on the hat.

When I brought it into the sun, it sparkled!

IMG_0519

I really wanted to make it subtle. I know there are so many other colors I could have chosen, but its fun when you are talking to someone, and they stop mid conversation to ask if your hat is glittery!

This in no means makes me a Cardinals fan. I call this love, and love should most definitely include glitter. Go Twins!

Now swing on by the Art Glitter Blog and check out another super fun glitter project I have on their blog today!

No comments: