Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Double Glitter with Hexagon Stencil

In case you missed my post on the Art Glitter Blog,

Today I am going to share with you another fun card using the LJ 806 Hexagons Stencil.

clip_image002

I have seen so many amazing projects using hexagons, and I here is the card I used using this fabulous stencil.

clip_image004

I used the following products:

Art Glitter: #304 Dew Berry (Ultrafine Opaque), #360 Pretty Pink (Ultrafine Transparent)

Dreamweaver Stencil LG 806 Hexagons

Black & White Cardstock

Black Rickrack

100% Natural Soap

Adhesive/Sticky Paper

I started by soaping the back of the stencil. If you have not seen the Double Glitter Technique video, please check it out. I put the stencil soaped side down onto the Adhesive Paper that I mounted on cardstock and poured on #304 Dew Berry.

clip_image006

I rubbed in the glitter with my fingers.

clip_image008

I shook off the glitter, flipped it over so it was stencil side down and peeled the adhesive paper off of the stencil. clip_image010

Then I covered the glitter side with #360 Pretty Pink.

clip_image012

After shaking off the excess I got this beautiful hexagon pattern.

clip_image014

I decided I wanted to have some fun with this pattern, so I cut around the hexagons until I got a look that I liked!

clip_image016

clip_image018

I mounted it on black card stock.

clip_image020

I cut around the black, adding in a few more hexagon fun, and placed on white card stock. I added some Rickrack before placing and completed the look of the fun hexagon card.

clip_image022

I hope you enjoyed my card today! Be sure to stop by the Art Glitter Blog for more inspiration!

Happy Glittering!

No comments: