Friday, March 29, 2013

Hawaiian Quilt Update and Quilt Along!

I am very excited to say that I am hopefully going to be making my first real quilt soon! I signed up for the Texas Teardrops Quilt Along! Hopefully this will keep my on track. I already know how to sew and have a good basic understanding of how to quilt, so I am hoping this won't be too difficult!



It will be so much fun! I thought I would also update you all on my Hawaiian quilted pillow!

So, the last time you saw it, it was just being cut and laying it out to  baste it to the backing.


Then I hand appliqued the pattern onto the backing. Here you can see the stitches on the back side of the fabric.

After that was finished I added the batting and the backing and basted those together to start the quilting process. Here is where I was before I went to class.

The other day I finished the outside quilting. Next to work on is the quilting inside the pattern.

I haven't yet decided on what I wanted to do for the inside. I know that hearts will be involoved. The best part is you can do whatever you want. This pattern is called Ginger. It is based off of the Torch Ginger plant. So I will be adding some fun detail to show off that plant.

I hope you all enjoyed my update. Hold on tight for the next quilting project. Fingers crossed that I can make it happen!

peace.love.dove.