Over at the Imaginisce Blog, their June challenge is going on. I finally own some Imaginisce paper so I can play along this month!
Here is the challenge quoted fro the Imaginisce Blog
Image from Pinterest
Here's the criteria:
- Create a card, layout or off the page project using atleast 75% of Imaginisce products.
- Use the delicious picture from Pinterest as your inspiration
- Somewhere on your project you must incorporate some of the lyrics of the Cliff Richard song, Summer holiday
- Upload your project using the Linkitz at the bottom of this post by Saturday, 25th June.
- Winner will take home their very own i-top with accessories to the value of $75 or current collections of their choice to the same value.
We're all going on a summer holiday
no more working for a week or two.
Fun and laughter on our summer holiday,
no more worries for me or you,
for a week or two.
We're going where the sun shines brightly
we're going where the sea is blue.
we've all seen it on the movies,
now let's see if it's true.
Everybody has a summer holiday
doin' things they always wanted to
So we're going on a summer holiday,
to make our dreams come true
for me and you.
for me and you.
So, without further ado. Here is what I came up with.
I used the Berrylicious collection for all the paper, except for the white. The white paper. I cut out the lettering using the Cricut Cartridge Opposites Attract. The jeweled swirls are used with the i-rock, and the compact of clear jewels. I also used the Imaginisce stencil for the i-rock to create the swirls.
My concept to integrate the photo from inspiration was to set up the background in a squared off pattern. I wove the papers together, and cut squares to simulate the original pattern. The photos I used are a couple years old… ok maybe 4/5 years old since this was well before we were married. We were in Pensacola at the beach around sunset. It was a beautiful day, and these are still some of my favorite pictures of the two of us… now if only I could get my body to look like that again!!
I love how this layout turned out. I think it is the perfect layout for these pictures.