Saturday, May 28, 2011

I Dislike More Than Raw Fish

Alright, I don’t like sushi. It grosses me out. But this post isn’t about fish. It’s not even crafty. It’s about something I don’t like, and that is…

Gardening.

It’s not my thing. I was not born with a green thumb. I was born with a glittered thumb. I don’t mind getting dirty, but I can’t make anything grow, unless it’s a weed. You should see the vegetable plants I planted a few weeks back… ALL gone! I don’t know what happened, but my guess is something ate them!

So, when my husband (who had been gone for 3 weeks), suggested that we weed the garden we are obligated to take care of in our lease, I was more than happy to take his help. Because I did not want to do that alone. I was going to hire someone to do it, but us doing it would save some money. So I went along and did it.

When we started, my husband said we should do before and after pics… but we already started. So, here is our 45 minute into it picture. (We had already weeded along the darker fence on the right.)

BEFORE

IMG_0148[1]

And then here is out 3 hours later picture…

AFTER

IMG_0176[1]

It still looks bad. But sooo much better!!

Thanks to my hubby for being the model. You can hardly see his knees in the first picture, but you can see his shoes in the after picture!! I am not going to lie. I hated this task. Pulling weeds, watching out for slugs… everywhere, the fear of spiders crawling on me… oh man. It was a terrible 3 hours. But it is done… for now. I burned over 800 calories, and my body still aches.

Since the hubby has been gone so long, we are taking the weekend to enjoy life. Spending it with some friends, taking a trip to the winery (which we do every other month anyways), and a good old baseball game! Not that I would cheer for either team that is playing (I am a die hard TWINS fan), but there is nothing that screams summer more than a baseball game!

Hope you all have an amazing weekend, and stay tuned for next weekend when I am participating in a blog hop… and I have a giveaway that I love!

Oh and one last thing… a year ago today my husband returned from deployment, so it is super exciting to have him here this year (and what a year it’s been). Thinking of all military on this Memorial Day weekend. Thank you for all you do, and have done. Thank you.

Peace.Love.Dove.

No comments: