Sunday, May 22, 2011

I’m back!

After a few days of being computer less, I have got back my sweet little baby. Turns out all it was, was STATIC! I thought I knew computers but I didn’t know about the static factor. So I am no longer using my fleece blanket on my lap when I use my computer!

So much has gone on during this past week. I was able to work on some projects.

Today I am going to share with the banner I made for the COW party I hosted at my house. This was a very simple banner, but I think it looks adorable!

IMG_0067[1]

I cut out the banner pieces from Stand and Salute at 8.25 inches. For the letters I used Don Juan. I believe those were cut at 4 inches. and the cow is from Create-a-Critter. I put it on my giant empty wall, and everyone loved it!

IMG_0064[1]IMG_0066[1]

I am currently working on 2 more home décor items. But they are more year round projects so I can display them all the time! Gotta love that.

Our New Joann’s opened on Friday, so went!! It was so much bigger, and nicer. I found they had a little bit more scrapbook stuff, but not as much as I was hoping for. How come Joann’s does not sell i-rocks? I totally thought they might even sell Sew Easy’s, but they don’t so I was disappointed. They also had a great sale on all cricut cartridges. But of course the ones I wanted they didn’t have!

I like practical cartridges. I am not into the super cutsie ones (such as create-a-critter). Don’t get me wrong, I do like it (I needed this cow, and it was perfect for it). But I am patiently waiting for GREEK letters, Party stuff, more grown up. I have ZERO children (and only ONE nephew), On my wish list, Damask Décor. I love when I font is incorporated into a cartridge. Since most of my stuff is layouts, and layouts of weddings, and college, all the cutsie stuff does not go well with that.

I hope next Hello Thursday has what I am talking about! Keeping my fingers crossed. Oh, and don’t forget, I am in a blog hop June 4-6 and I have some blog candy. The only hint I will give you, is that it is one of my FAVORITE things to use!

Have a wonderful weekend.

Peace.Love.Dove.

2 comments:

SiskiyouSue said...

I enjoy the cutsie stuff, but you are right, they really need more grown-up stuff. People use cutsie for lots of things, and I appreciate it, but it's not what I want for some things. Hope they're listening!

SiskiyouSue said...

P.S. Love the Cow Party! How did you ever think of that?